What are account alerts?
The account alerts feature in the MCC dashboard helps track the performance of specific metrics. It notifies you if the performance for a metric falls below target or starts trending in the wrong direction.
How do they work?
Account alerts work in two ways:
- Track a metric's performance against a given target.
- Monitor the trend and notify if the performance starts declining.
How to set up account alerts?
It is possible to set up an alert for each metric on the dashboard. To set up an alert:
- Hover over the metric to open the alert box
- Click on 'Add an alert'
- Enter the target you want to track. By default, the system recommends the average we've seen for the account for the last four weeks. You also have to specify the accepted deviation from the target in percentage.
For example, if you're entering a target for cost/conversion as 20 and the allowed percentage deviation is 10% then the system will highlight the cell in Red if the cost/conversion goes above $22
- Click on 'Start Monitoring' to finish the setup
What do the colors on the dashboard mean?
The color of the cell will turn light red or dark red depending on the status of the metric.
- Light Red - A light Red color means that either the metric is off target or the performance is declining.
- Dark Red - A dark Red color means that the metric is off target and the performance is declining.
Who will receive the alerts?
Members of the team will get alerts for all the accounts they have either starred or own. Account ownership can be set in the bulk edit mode or while setting up an alert.
If an account triggered an alert and no team member owns it or has it starred, the alert for the account will go to the person who set up that alert.
If the owner of the alert unsubscribed from alerts and emails from Optmyzr, by default, our system will notify the person who created the alert.
Alerts View Preference
The alerts view preference, on the top right of the screen, allows you to filter out whether you want to see only the active alerts (highlighted in light red) or all the alerts created (highlighted in light green).
On the left sidebar of the MCC Dashboard, you'll see a tab for Active Alerts, where you can find the details of the alerts set up and which ones have been triggered.
The Auto Alerts are set up for three metrics: Cost, Impressions, and Clicks. You will receive a notification whenever the performance of either of the three metrics changes by 75% or more on a particular day.