What is it?
The Device Bid Adjustment tool analyzes performance by devices to make bid adjustment recommendations, allowing the analysis for suggestions to be by either campaign or ad group level.
How to use it?
Campaigns and Date Range
- Scope: View suggestions for the whole account. For large accounts, you can filter campaigns by label or name.
- Date Range: Choose your own date range to analyze selected campaigns. Set to Last 30 days by default.
- Update bids changed in the last 14 days: By default, the system doesn't calculate new bid adjustments for those devices that have already seen bid modifications through Optmyzr in the last 14 days.
Bid Adjustment Level
Select the level at which you want to set bid adjustments. By default, it is set to Campaign, but you can change it to AdGroup
You have the options to choose from on how the system makes bid recommendations. The two methods are explained below:
- Intelligent Suggest:This method uses machine learning and factors in a lot of attributes (including Device Bid Landscapes information) to make a bid recommendation. It is the method selected by default.
- Rule-Based:This method lets you build your own rules and use your own formulas to set bid adjustments. We recommend using this only if you have a clear strategy that you want to use to set your bid adjustments.
Select the strategy you would like the tool to use to make bid recommendations. For example, if you would you like to increase clicks, increase conversions, reduce cost/conversion, increase conversion value, or increase ROAS, you'd chose it here.
Understanding The Results
When pressing on Compute Suggestions, you'll see a first row displayed with your current state for Cost, Clicks, Avg CPC, Conversions, Cost / Conv, Conv Value, Cost / Conv Value. Right underneath you'll find four different rows for bid adjustment options. Here you can preview the variation in cost, clicks, etc, along with the percentage of change each of them would undergo.
The Bid Adj Change column on the far right shows how aggressively the bid recommendations are made. For example, "-15 to 15" means the suggestions won't be 15% higher - or lower - than the current bid. Click on a row to see the recommendations.
Once you select a row with recommendations, you'll see the projected change in cost, change in clicks, change in Avg CPC and which campaigns - if any - are limited by budget. These changes are based on the date range selected for analysis.
For example, if you set the date range to analyze selected campaigns for the last 30 days, then the change in Cost, Clicks, and Avg. CPC will be on a 30-day projection.
In the results below, the Bid Adjustment % column shows the existing bid adjustment, and the Bid Adjustment New % column shows the new recommended bid adjustment.
Bid Adjustments on Automated Bidding
If you are using automated bidding strategies, then the bid adjustments will charge the target CPA for each device. For example, if your Target CPA is $10 and you have a +25% mobile adjustment, then for mobile your Target CPA will be $10 + 25% = $12.50.
Uploading Changes To Google Ads
After selecting the changes to be applied, click on 'Apply Bid Adjustment Changes'. You'll be asked to confirm the changes, and the new bid adjustments will be uploaded to Google Ads in real time. Only selected changes are applied.