Why don't I see any suggestions in the Keyword Lasso for my Google Ads or Bing account?
These are some of the most common reasons why no suggestions are shown:
- All the campaigns are paused: The system only shows suggestions for active campaigns.
- There are no active search campaigns in the account.
- There are no suggestions matching the selected filters. For example, if you've selected the filter 'Conversions' and there are no search terms with conversions, you won't see suggestions. In this case, you can try a different filter level or use custom filters to create your own.
- The search terms are more than 5 words long. Keyword Lasso doesn’t include long tail search terms (more than 5 words).
Why do I see more suggestions in the search terms report in Google Ads than in the Keyword Lasso?
- By default, the optimization tool shows a curated list of suggestions (Top Suggestions). To see all suggestions, turn on the Turbo Mode and select CTR or Conversions in the filters.
- To avoid duplication, Keyword Lasso only shows search terms that are not already present in your Google Ads account.
- It only shows search terms that have had at least one click.
After considering the conditions above, if you still find that you're seeing fewer suggestions in Keyword Lasso, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm seeing suggestions for new keywords to be added even though there are already in existing ad groups existing
By default, the Keyword Lasso doesn't suggest search terms already present as keywords (active or paused) in active ad groups and campaigns, however, if the ad group or campaign is paused, the tool will suggest the search term to be added as keyword. This happens as the tool seeks to ensure that an opportunity is not missed out on.