What is it?
The First Page Bridger Optimization identifies keywords with a high Quality Score (QS) which almost missed the chance to make it to the first page of results due to their current bids.
How does it work
The optimization analyzes the performance data for each keyword and gathers the ones with a high Quality Score but with a bid that's slightly below the first-page bid (up to 20% lower). It'll then display the list of keywords that would have the largest impact through a minimum bid increase. By doing so, you'll increase their chances of appearing on the first page of search results, which ultimately results in more traffic and sales.
How to use it?
Setting up the parameters
First, select the campaigns you want to see suggestions for, then select the filter level. The predetermined filter levels filter out suggestions based on traffic and Quality Score.
You can turn on the Advanced mode to access more settings and metrics.
- Conservative: results with a Quality Score of 7 or more.
- Normal: keywords with a QS of 6 and above.
- Aggressive: suggestions with a QS of 5 and above.
Set the new bids for the selected keywords. You can either do it automatically by pressing the Set Bids menu (A in the screenshot) or manually edit it on "New Bid" (M in the screenshot).
- For automatic updates, you can choose a percentage number and click update. For example, if you select "First Page Bid + 10%", the bid will be increased 10% above the required first page bid.
- For manual updates, you can set a specific new bid of your choice.
You'll see a list of results for suggested keywords with the following information:
- Current Bid: the current bid of the keyword.
- First Page Bid: the required bid for the keyword to become eligible to appear on the first page of search results.
- New Bid: the new bid after the percentage increase. You can modify it depending on your requirements.
Like most of our optimizations, you can download the results as a CSV or a Google Ads Editor file.
After you are done reviewing the results, you can click the Apply Changes button and the system will ask you for confirmation before uploading the new bids to your Google Ads or Bing Ads account.
Tips to use the First Page Bridger
We suggest segmenting keywords in three sections based on impact and the required bid increase to meet the first page requirements:
- Minimum increase - maximum impact: Keywords with high QS (7 -10) (bid increase 10 - 20%).
- Medium increase - high impact: Keywords with QS between 5-6 (bid increase 20 - 40%).
- Maximum increase - least impact: Keywords with a QS lower than 5 (bid increase 40% +).
Because the bid increase can take some time to affect the account performance, we recommend running the optimization every 7-14 days. Keep in mind that the lower the Quality Score, the higher the required bid to get a good ad rank.
You can read about troubleshooting questions here.