Preliminary checks to detect reason for errors in scripts
- Check if the script has been copied correctly into Google Ads: The entire contents of the file you downloaded from Optmyzr should be placed in the Google Ads Script. In other words, your Google Ads Script should be the exact same as the code you downloaded from us.
- If you are using a script that is NOT an Enhanced Script™: check if all the values that had to be replaced in the script (like campaign name, date range etc) have been replaced.
Error when creating labels
If the script creates labels, you may get an error in the preview mode. This is because Google Ads doesn't allow labels to be created in the preview mode. When you run the script it should be fine.
If everything looks right but you're still seeing an error
Send us an email at email@example.com with the following details:
- Name of the script.
- The exact error message you see. You can attach a screenshot of the error message as well.
- A copy of the script code you are using in your Google Ads account.
- Some Enhanced Scripts™ have a setting to include additional logging details. It's helpful to turn on both of these options, then run the script, and include the full logs generated by Google Ads in your message to us.
Logs truncated: length exceeded limit of 100,000
This warning message appears on the Google Ads interface. It's a restriction/issue originated in Google Ads for any script, and can therefore be found inside the Google Ads Console log. This means that the console is not showing logs after the length specified. This error doesn't affect the script or its execution.