This script automatically checks the landing pages that your ads and keywords lead to, and checks for: 404 Errors, 301 or 302 redirects and for phrases such as "product not found".
- Spreadsheet URL: The script outputs the results onto a Google Spreadsheet. If you want to paste the results in an existing spreadsheet, put in the address of the spreadsheet. The sharing settings for the spreadsheet should be 'anyone with a link'. If you leave "NEW", the script will create a new spreadsheet each time it runs.
Note: If the sharing settings are not correct, the script will not be able to write the URLs it checks to the spreadsheet.
- Scope: The script can check URLs at the keyword and ad level. You can choose to check only ad URLs, only keyword URLs or both. You can specify this in 'Scope'.
- Campaign Name Includes: You can choose to run this script for specific campaigns by mentioning the word to filter on. Note: Only one campaign name can be included here.
- Campaign Name Excludes: You can choose to run this script excluding specific campaigns by mentioning the word to filter on. Note: Only one campaign name can be included here.
- Label for Bad Landing Pages: To easily recognize the landing pages that the script identifies as bad landing pages, you can choose to label them in Google Ads. This is an optional setting.
- Disable Email Alert If No Error Found: Selecting this option will only send you an email if the script finds error pages. It won't send you an email each time the script runs.
- Send Notification only on 404 Error: This option limits the notifications to only 404 errors. Disabling it will create a notification for any error type.
- Text To Monitor: Apart from finding 404 Error pages, this script can also check for any specified text such as 'product not found' or 'out of stock'.
- Additional Settings: By default, the script only checks URLs that have at least one impression, if you want to check all URLs even those that have zero impressions, select the relevant box. Keep in mind, this may cause the script to timeout if the account is very large.
The Minimum Clicks Required for Keywords and Ads will be 0 by default, though it can be set to any number to decrease the load on the script.