- Setting Name: Enter the name you want to give the setting. You can have multiple settings for the same script, and you can choose to pause and enable these settings as you wish.
- Spreadsheet URL: The script outputs the results onto a Google Spreadsheet. If you want to paste the results in an existing spreadsheet, put in the address of the spreadsheet. The sharing settings for the spreadsheet should be 'anyone with a link'. If you leave "NEW", the script will create a new spreadsheet each time it runs.
Note: If the sharing settings are not correct, the script will not be able to write the URLs it checks to the spreadsheet.
Campaign Name Includes
You can choose to run this script for specific campaigns. These can be filtered by mentioning the word to filter on. This setting also helps get around the 30-minute time limit for large accounts.
For example, only check campaigns that have 'brand' in their name.
- Label: To easily recognize the landing pages that the script identifies as bad landing pages, you can choose to label them in Google Ads. This is an optional setting.
- Text To Monitor: Apart from finding 404 Error pages, this script can also check specific text on the page. The script can check for text like 'product not found' or 'out of stock'.
- Additional Settings: By default, the script only checks URLs that have at least one impression, if you want to check all URLs even those that have zero impressions, select the relevant box. Keep in mind, this may cause the script to timeout if the account is very large.