The new Multi-Account Budget tool lets you track, monitor and change campaign budgets across multiple accounts and platforms (Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook and Amazon).
How to use the tool?
- The first step is to create a client using the PPC Client Manager. A client can include more than one account from different platforms. For example, a client can have two Google Ads accounts, one Bing Ads account, two Facebook accounts and more. For information on how to use the PPC Client Manager, read this article.
- The next step is setting up Budget Groups. A budget group can contain campaigns from different accounts that are present in a single client. Each budget group has one target monthly spend.
For example, you can create a Budget Group with three Google Ads campaigns, two Bing Ads campaigns and one Facebook campaign, and set the monthly target budget to 1,200 USD. This defines that the monthly budget for those six campaigns combined is 1,200 USD.
Creating a Budget Group
To get started, select the client you'll be creating the Budget Groups for, and click on Create / View / Manage Budget Groups. Each client can have multiple budget groups but one campaign can only be part of one budget group.
In the Budget Group manager, you'll need to press on the "+" to create a new budget group. The campaigns that are displayed on the right side are those which are part of the accounts included in the client. Select the campaigns that you want to include in the budget group, and set a monthly target budget. Make sure to click save!
The tool supports the following types of budgets in different ad platforms:
- Google Ads - Campaign and Shared Budgets
- Bing Ads - Campaign Budgets and Shared Budgets
- Facebook Ads - Campaign Budgets (both lifetime and daily)
- Amazon Ads - Campaign Budgets (sponsored products and sponsored brands)
Budget Change Suggestions
Once you've created your budget groups, simply select the one you want to work with from the left-side panel, select the date range and click "Update".
The results will show 1) the defined monthly target budget, 2) the actual spend that's been accrued to this day, 3) the budget pacing, or how much of the total budget has been spent by percentage, and 4) the amount you need to spend on a daily basis to reach your monthly target spend.
The details will display the budget, account name and which platform it's on, and you can edit the "Budget Amount New" field to modify its budgets to reach the target monthly spend. For now, the amount that is pre-set in this field is the current daily budget for the campaign/budget.
Once you are ready to make the changes, simple press the "Apply Budget Changes" button and it will make budget changes across the budgets/campaigns that are selected even if they are across different ad platforms.
*This tool is currently in Beta write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get whitelisted.