On this page:
- What Are Custom Account Workouts?
- Use Cases
- How To Create A Custom Workout?
- Structure Your Workout
- Edit The Optimization Strategy
- Your Custom Workouts
- Workouts Suggestions
- Demo Video
What are Custom Account Workouts?
An Account Workout consists of a series of optimizations that help you achieve a goal. We understand that every account manager has its own workflow or process that they follow to keep Google Ads accounts in good shape.
To help streamline and automate this process, we created Custom Workouts as they let you create and automate your own optimization workflows. You can choose the optimizations you would like to include in a workout and also the strategy each optimization should use.
Standardize workflows across teams.
By creating custom workouts you can create optimization processes that can be used by other team members. It also helps onboard new team members very easily because the processes are already set. For example, you can have a workout that has to be run for all new accounts or a monthly workout that each account should get.
Improve efficiency and save time.
Custom workouts enable you to set your optimization strategy as the default in optimizations. You don't need to filter through suggestions each time you load an optimization.
How to Create a Custom Workout?
The Account Workouts can be accessed on this link. The option to create a custom workout is available on the top right, through the "Build Your Own" option. Clicking there will take you to the Workouts Designer page.
Structure your Workout
On the left-hand side of the Workout Designer page, you can choose the optimizations that you want to include in your workout. Navigate and re-arrange the order of optimizations on the right side.
Adding different optimizations will allow you to streamline your workflows.
For example, a Search Query Management workout can include the Keyword Lasso, Negative Keyword Finder, and the Traffic Sculptor.
You can choose to automatically skip the Optimizations if the system doesn't have suggestions for an account. That way, you won't spend time opening the optimization if you are not sure if it has suggestions.
Edit the Optimization Strategy
After selecting the optimization you want to add, you can edit the parameters and select which strategy you want to use for each of the Optimizations (e.g. for small accounts, you might want to run the optimizations in Turbo Mode).
- Select Custom View: If you would like to see the same data as in the optimization (columns, optimization strategy, and date range), select your saved and custom view here.
- Choose Columns: Choose the metric columns that you'd like to view to shortlist suggestions while running the optimization.
- Filter Levels: You can select your Team Filters for any of the optimizations and apply it as a part of the workout. The advantage of doing this is to load the optimization with your strategy instead of the default.
- Turbo Mode: If the workout is for relatively smaller accounts, enable Turbo Mode by default in the settings.
- Date Range: Select date range and optimization/filter strategy to view suggestions.
Click on "Save" to Save the custom workout. Once you save the custom workout, it'll be available to all your team members on the all workouts page.
Your Custom Workouts
Find the newly created workouts on My Workouts tab in the Account Workouts page. You can also edit, copy or delete a workout at a later time.
Some of the example workouts you can build are:
1. Search Query Report: Keyword Lasso + Negative Keyword finder + Traffic Sculptor
2. Account Cleanup: Keyword De-duper + Traffic Sculptor + One Word Keywords