Comments in Reporting
You can use comments to add extra information or to highlight important observations in each of the pages of your report.
How to add comments
After creating a report template, you can generate the report by clicking on the template name on the Report Designer page. In the report, you can hover over the headings/titles in the report to see the comment box and add comments.
* Comments are not available in the Landscape mode
You can also use the rich text editor format for the comments in reports.
- Bold: Ctrl + B
- Italic: Ctrl + I
- Underline: Ctrl + U
A report snapshot is a version of a report that is saved with all the data and comments, allowing account managers to spend less time adding observations that help their customers.
How to use the snapshot feature?
You can add comments to reports and save them as a snapshot with the comments. You can later access the snapshots and edit the comments (you can't modify the template, just the snapshot).
Report snapshots can be downloaded and emailed as PDF files or shared as links with customers and stakeholders.
You can check your Report Snapshots here.
Use Calculated Metrics
The Calculated Metrics widget allows you to add custom parameters as columns in all the table widgets in the reports. You can customize the name of the calculated metric and fill in a formula using different parameters to get the statistics you want to display in the report.
How to add calculated metrics
The metrics that you can currently use to create calculated metrics are:
- Impressions: impressions
- Clicks: clicks
- Cost: cost
- Conversions: conv1PerClick
- Conversion value: totalConvValue
- All Conversions: estConv
- All Conversion Value: estConvValue
Note: Calculated metrics are case-sensitive, so for example, "impressions" cannot be "Impressions".
- ROAS: totalConvValue/cost
- Avg. Order Value: totalConvValue/conv1PerClick
Points to keep in mind
- Multiple calculated metrics can be added to single and multi account widgets.
- Once you create the calculated metric, it will show up along with other metrics in the table widgets, and you can select it.
- Calculated metrics are only available in tables right now not in charts.
If you would like to see more Calculated Metrics, send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Share Report by Link
Generate a report link
If you want to share that particular report, you can choose to create a link in the Report actions tab. The link won't be static, and every time you select this option, the system, will generate a new link.
This option is only available when you schedule a report to be sent by email. The system will create a different link every time it sends the scheduled report.
Share a report by link (static)
You can also share a static link within the schedule report option by choosing to show the previous reports in the link. This option will give you access to the latest report, plus let you view the previous reports (up to 10 previous reports).
With the Enterprise plan you can create custom domains for the report links. If you want to set up your custom domain, send an email to the support team (email@example.com).
The Pro plan will use a generic domain (like reports-access.com) for your report links.
When scheduling the Report to be sent as a link, you have two options:
- You can choose to generate a different link for the report each time.
- You can choose to keep the same link each time the scheduled report is generated. To select this option, check 'Show previous reports in the link' when creating the schedule.The previous reports are available only from the time they have been scheduled.