What are Enhanced Scripts?
Our Enhanced Scripts make it easy for marketers to use powerful Google Ads Scripts to automate repetitive account management functions in Google Ads accounts. Users are not required to have any programming knowledge to use Enhanced Scripts as no coding creation or editing is needed.
How do they work?
Enhanced Scripts provide many useful pre-written scripts that can be customized to run for Google Ads accounts. This customization is done through an easy-to-use interface and doesn't require editing any code. You can perform account management tasks like automatically checking destination URLs, Pause Keywords with low Quality Score, etc.
It's possible to edit script settings and manage them entirely from the Optmyzr interface after a one-time upload to the Google Ads account.
Why should you use them?
- No coding skills required to reap benefits of Google Ads scripts.
- Carry out bulk automation tasks more efficiently.
- Manage settings for multiple scripts in one place in your Optmyzr account.
- Run scripts for individual Google Ads accounts or at the MCC account level with unique settings for each child account.
You can access Enhanced Scripts next to the Reporting tab in the Optmyzr Interface. Choose the account you want to run the script in and go to the All Enhanced Scripts page.
You'll find the different scripts by categories, and with brief information on what each one does. Select the script you want to configure for the Google Ads account, to continue.
In the selected script settings page, you'll see any previously configured settings you might have for that script, alongside its current status and action buttons where you can edit, pause or delete that setting.
If it is the first time you're creating a setting, or want to create a new one, just press on +Add Setting. This dropdown will give you the option to either create a new setting or copy one from another account.
These are a set of basic script settings that are required to run the script which varies by script type. Here's an example of the basic settings for the Ad Template Report script:
Some scripts have an additional set of configurations, which are the Advanced Settings. These settings are also unique to the script and give you more options to customize the script. You can read about what each setting does by hovering over the "?".
Download the Script
You can download the script to run either at the individual account level or the MCC account level. To run a script at the MCC level, you'll have to create settings for the child accounts that the script should run for.
For more details on how to run scripts at the MCC level, read this help article.
Copy and paste the downloaded script to your Google Ads account under the 'Scripts' section in Bulk Operations. Once inside the scripts section, add a new script by clicking on '+Script' and set it up.
Running the Script in Google Ads
- In the 'Script' field at the top, name your script and delete everything in the script editor box to make it empty.
- Open the script file you downloaded from Optmyzr's page. Select everything (Ctrl+A) in the script browser window and copy it (Ctrl+C). Go back to the script editor box in your Google Ads account and paste the data.
- Click 'Save' in the editor, and authorize the script by clicking 'Authorize' and then 'Grant Access.'
- Click 'Preview' to run the script for 30 seconds. If you get no errors, the script has been set up correctly. If the account is small, the entire script can run in 30 seconds so you may be able to see the results as well as receive the email. In the preview mode, the script doesn't make any changes to the account.
- Now click on 'Run' and you'll receive an email when the script run is complete.
Monitor Changes under Logs
After you run the Enhanced Script in Preview mode, you can view the changes made in the logs tab in Optmyzr as shown in the snapshot below. You can view all the details like when the script ran and on which setting.
It will also show the change summary including a link to the spreadsheet that was generated (if any).