On this Page:
Downloading the Scripts
You can download the script to run either at the individual account level or the MCC account level. To run a script at the MCC level, you'll have to create settings for the child accounts that the script should run for.
Copy and paste the downloaded script to your Google Ads account under the 'Scripts' section in Bulk Operations. Once inside the scripts section, add a new script by clicking on '+Script' and set it up.
Running the Scripts
- In the 'Script' field at the top, name your script and delete everything in the script editor box to make it empty.
- Open the script file you downloaded from Optmyzr's page. Select everything (Ctrl+A) in the script browser window and copy it (Ctrl+C). Go back to the script editor box in your Google Ads account and paste the data.
- Click 'Save' in the editor, and authorize the script by clicking 'Authorize' and then 'Grant Access.'
- Click 'Preview' to run the script for 30 seconds. If you get no errors, the script has been set up correctly. If the account is small, the entire script can run in 30 seconds so you may be able to see the results as well as receive the email. In the preview mode, the script doesn't make any changes to the account.
- Now click on 'Run' and you'll receive an email when the script run is complete.
Schedule the Script
To schedule the script to run automatically, you'll need to set the frequency in your Google Ads account.
For scripts that need to evaluate the account's performance (like Anomaly Report or Reach Target Budget), you need to schedule the script to run at least every hour on Google Ads.
Running Scripts at MCC Level
To create a script that can be run at the MCC level, you will need to create a setting for each child account you want the script to run in. The advantage is that you can have a separate setting for each child account while running a single script at the MCC level.
Once you create the configuration for the child accounts, you will need to download the MCC version of the script one time (from any of the child accounts where you've created the setting) and then upload it to the Google MCC where you want to run the script.
After you run the Enhanced Script in Preview mode, you can view the changes made in the logs tab in Optmyzr as shown in the snapshot below. You can view all the details like when the script ran and on which setting.
It will also show the change summary including a link to the spreadsheet that was generated (if any).