On this page:
- View Suggestions
- Understanding the Suggestions
- Select Campaigns and Rules
- Take Actions on Suggestion Preview
- View Analysis
- Next up: How to Automate a Strategy
To see the suggestions that are generated based on the rules in the strategy, you can click on View Suggestions. This preview is based on real-time data from your Google Ads account and shows you the keywords/ad groups/product groups that meet the criteria and the actions that will be applied.
Understanding the Suggestions
The "View Suggestions" page give you a couple of different options for you to review the outcomes. You can select/unselect campaigns to consider, the rules created, and filter our the view by the most relevant metrics for you.
Select Campaigns and Rules
Select the campaigns to be considered for the suggestions. Only the campaigns with suggestions based on the rules will be listed. This also means you can preview suggestions for individual rules, if multiple rules were processed.
Take Actions on Suggestion Preview
On the upper right side you'll see the action-related options where you can (from left to right):
- Download a CSV file with the suggestions.
- Automate to run on a schedule.
- Send the suggestions via email.
- Preview and apply the new bid changes.
On the second line below you can, from left to right:
- View a detailed analysis of how many of the selected metrics entered the rule and how many of them matched the rules.
- Customize the suggestions using the metric filters.
The View Analysis button while previewing suggestions will give you the details of how many of the selected metrics (in this case, keywords) entered the rule, and how many of them matched the rules. This is broken down into each individual rule for better analysis. You'll also get the final percentage of the metrics that matched the rules. To better exemplify, in this case the system shows that 1.89% of the overall keywords matched the rules, whereas a 98.11% of the keywords matched no rules.