What is it?
The Keyword Lasso is an optimization that automatically analyzes search terms and suggests high performing search queries that should be added as keywords to your Google Ads or Bing Ads account. These search terms are not currently present as keywords in your account.
With the new version of the Keyword Lasso, now you have the ability to create new ad groups that support the single keyword ad group (SKAG) structure.
Choose the strategy by which the system should show the recommendations. By default, the system selects 'Top Suggestions'. The different filters are explained below:
- Top Suggestions: These are the top suggestions for the account at this point in time. These are search terms with conversions or a high CTR.
- CTR: Search terms with a high CTR.
- Conversions: Search terms with conversions.
- CTR or Conversions: Search terms that have a high CTR or which have conversions.
- Custom: Set a threshold on conversions, impressions, cost, and other metrics to see suggestions based on your optimization strategy. You can save your custom filter selection to use it next time you run the optimization. The filters can be saved for the team or at the individual level.
- Scope: Select campaigns you want to view new keyword suggestions for. By default, the optimization will show all campaigns that have eligible suggestions.
- Date Range: By default, the Keyword Lasso looks at the last 90 days of data. You can change this setting and choose a different date range.
- Turbo Mode: You can enable the Turbo Mode to remove the data threshold that the optimization imposes. After you enable the Turbo Mode, the system will show you all the search terms that received traffic and are not present as keywords in your account. You will also see search terms with even a single click that wouldn't show in the default mode.
Note: The Turbo Mode will also include close match variants. We strongly recommend using custom filters with the Turbo Mode.
Choose Columns and Create View
This setting gives you the option to customize the metrics you want to view. You can also click on 'Create View' to save the current selection of date range, columns, strategy, and other settings as a personal or team custom view.
Review the Suggestions
Select search terms you want to upload as keywords and change the match type and behavior (positive or negative).
The behavior and match type can be modified in bulk by selecting multiple search terms and changing the settings at the top of the table. The search queries can be added as positive or negative keywords in one of the following keyword match types:
- Broad: includes misspellings, synonyms, related searches, and other relevant variations.
- Phrase: a phrase, and close variations of that phrase.
- Exact: an exact term and close variations of that exact term.
- BMM: contains the modified term (or close variations, but not synonyms), in any order. This match type is only available for positive keywords.
It is also possible to edit the search terms before adding them as keywords to your account by clicking on the search term.
The keyword suggestions will display three icons upon hovering the mouse. These icons allow you to copy the suggested keywords to notes, duplicate the suggestion row and archive the keyword to prevent it from appearing as a suggestion again.
When selecting the option to archive the keyword, you can also set the default to "do not ask again".